Chiropractic care is important for the health of our backs. Every day our backs are under strain, from lifting objects to sitting. Being conscientious of our posture is paramount to good back health, and chiropractors are trained to help guide you to do what is best.
What do chiropractic doctors work on and treat?
Chiropractors treat conditions related to your body’s structure. Their goal is to relieve pain and improve function without prescription drugs or performing invasive surgery. They adjust or manipulate your spine and other joints to position them correctly and achieve the proper alignment. Chiropractic care is based on the idea that your chances of healing increase when your body is in proper alignment.
- Low Back Pain – One of the most common reasons people seek treatment from a chiropractor.
2. Neck Pain – Chiropractors often treat neck pain with neck manipulations. These are also called adjustments.
3. Tension Headaches – Chiropractic adjustment for your neck may help if you have tension headaches.
4. Migraine Headaches – Research has shown that chiropractic spinal manipulations can decrease migraine frequency, decrease pain, and reduce the need for migraine medication.
5. Whiplash – A type of neck sprain that often results from a car accident. Whiplash causes pain and stiffness in your neck.
6. Sacroiliac Pain – Your sacroiliac (SI) joint is a big joint at the bottom of your spine. SI joint problems cause a different type of low back pain.
7. Shoulder Pain – You probably think about back and neck pain when you think about chiropractic care, although shoulder pain is among one of the most commonly seen conditions.
8. Knee Pain – Most often, wear and tear on the knee joint causes knee osteoarthritis.
What does a chiropractic doctor do?
Chiropractic physicians help improve patient health and minimize any painful symptoms they may be experiencing by exploring natural, drug-free and surgery-free approaches. Thousands of back surgeries every year are prevented through natural and conservative care provided by chiropractic doctors
A chiropractor performs physical manipulation of the spine and other joints or “adjustments.” However, depending on their training, they may also be able to practice acupuncture, functional and nutritional medicine, and physical rehabilitation therapy.
Additionally, chiropractic doctors may be able to prescribe diagnostic tests like X-rays and ultrasounds and check blood pressure, as well as order and interpret blood, urine, and other medical lab tests.
How can a chiropractor help me?
Chiropractic care has a variety of different uses, and nearly everyone can benefit from seeing a chiropractor in some way. Chiropractors are known for treating joint pain, but they actually are able to help you with a variety of other health problems that may be affecting your daily life. Keep in mind that some issues may still require a doctor to treat. For example, if you are dealing with issues such as a fracture or sharp pain, it is usually best to go see a primary care physician before going to a chiropractor.
In order to maintain proper mobility and structure, regularly scheduled visits are essential. Keeping your nervous system functioning helps keep your reproductive system, immune system, circulatory system, and respiratory system in good, working order.
How do I find a chiropractic doctor?
A doctor-patient relationship is about more than qualifications. You want a doctor you like and trust. You want a doctor who fits your needs. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be picky. Go for a visit. You should look for another doctor if you are not comfortable. Here are some questions to ask during your face-to-face meeting:
- Can you treat my problem?
- Do you have experience treating my problem?
- What kind of treatments will you use?
- How many visits will it take?
- How will I know if my treatments are working?
If you or someone you know is experiencing back pain, come to Hoboken Integrated Healthcare today! We have a team of kind and caring professionals who can help your back be its best! Contact our office to talk with an expert today. To schedule an appointment at our clinic, visit us online or give us a call!