When Should I See a Chiropractor
A chiropractor is trained to make sure your body is functioning as optimally as possible by using spinal manipulations. Read on to find more about how a chiropractor can benefit you. Call us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 90 Hudson St Hoboken, NJ 07030.
Chiropractors are specialists in treating injuries, deformities, and conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system. Using hands-on techniques, chiropractors manipulate the spine and back joints to correct deformities and promote proper alignment. One of the biggest benefits of chiropractic care is that it does not involve medications or surgery to provide relief, allowing patients to treat their concerns without causing side effects or complications.
Why should you see a chiropractor?
There are many reasons to visit a chiropractor, as they provide a number of benefits to the health of their patients, including:
- Boost Immune System — While it may not be the first thing people think about when visiting the chiropractor, chiropractic care can boost the immune system by correcting abnormalities in the nervous system.
- Relieve Pain — Often the first thing people associate with chiropractic care is pain relief, which millions of patients seek out every year. In addition to helping address neck and back pain, they can also relieve pain in the knees, shoulders, or ankles as well.
- Lower Blood Pressure — While chiropractic care is not a singular fix for high blood pressure, it has proven to be highly beneficial as a complementary treatment for this condition.
- Relieve Headaches — Another common reason patients visit the chiropractor is when they are experiencing frequent headaches or migraines.
- Improve Range of Motion — Range of motion is important in everything we do, from walking, eating, cleaning, driving, and playing sports. Chiropractors can address the underlying cause of the limited range of motion and help patients better perform their day-to-day activities.
- Can Work With Other Treatment Options — Lastly, chiropractic care can help to replace or be accompanied by other treatment options. Typically, other noninvasive and nonpharmacological methods are used and may include nutrition, dietary changes, and regular exercise.
Do chiropractors take insurance?
Yes, many chiropractors take insurance. The type of insurance accepted at a chiropractic clinic varies per location. While we gladly accept most health insurance plans at Hoboken Integrated Healthcare, we work closely with individuals who need our service but do not have insurance, offering highly affordable and flexible payment plans.
What conditions do chiropractors treat?
Chiropractors are medical professionals with a versatile range of skills that can treat a wide number of conditions, including:
- Sprains and Strains — A common concern treated by chiropractors are sprains and strains, two of the most prevalent soft tissue injuries.
- Everyday Wear and Tear — Over time, our bodies gradually wear down, which can cause pain in the joints or other tissues of the body.
- Cervicogenic Headaches — Cervicogenic headaches are headaches that originate from pain in the neck region.
- Whiplash — The most common soft tissue injury caused by automobile accidents, whiplash is a complex condition that involves pulled or strained muscles, ligaments, or tendons.
- Sciatica — Characterized by a painful, tingling, or numb sensation in the lower back and down one leg, sciatica is one of the most common conditions treated by chiropractors.
- Herniated Disc — Also referred to as pulled, slipped, or ruptured discs, these injuries occur in the spinal column and can be effectively treated by chiropractors.
- Spinal Osteoarthritis — Because chiropractors are specialists in treating the spine, they are well-versed in the treatment of spinal osteoarthritis.
Do I need a referral?
No, a referral is not needed to see a chiropractor, allowing patients to address their concerns without first consulting another medical professional. At Hoboken Integrated Healthcare, we gladly work with patients without a referral and develop a close working relationship to develop a treatment plan that appropriately addresses their needs.
For chiropractic care you can trust, come to Hoboken Integrated Healthcare today. Our top-rated chiropractor can help you find relief from even the most stubborn types of pain. We look forward to serving you! Please give us a call or request an appointment online with our chiropractor, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 90 Hudson St Hoboken, NJ 07030. We serve patients from Hoboken NJ, Jersey City NJ, Union City NJ, Secaucus NJ, Newark NJ, and North Bergen NJ.